Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Little Bit Country


At a family Christmas party a few weeks ago I received these bowls. My family does one of those exchanges where you pick a gift and then are able to steal gifts from another family member. This is a fun game but on occasion you end up with gifts you don't really care for. Other times you get great gifts, like the picnic bag I had my boyfriend steal:) Yes, there is a lot of game play when there is a gift you really want. Not that these bowls were a bad gift, they are actually very nice big bowls. Perfect for a party. The only thing is they are a little bit country and well....If you know me I am definitely not.

I could regift or even better I thought why not repaint. So I went to Hobby Lobby and picked up a variety of paints.



I came home started my project and FAIL!!!!! The small tubes of paint coated to thin. The little containers with multiple colors seemed to thick. The pens worked the best but would start painting and then stop working. Leaving the paint to not go on smoothly. :( Any suggestions, Ideas for my poor bowls? I may attempt again with the pens. So hopefully I will be able to show you my lovely bowls in a future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment