Friday, January 29, 2010

MIA, Restaurant Week and TnT!

Sorry I have been MIA the last few days. A busy busy week. Work of course and then it was restaurant week in Madison. Meaning I HAD to go out for dinner at least 2 nights. Tuesday night was Kickshaw which was pretty yummy and a nice warm atmosphere. The company was great also :) but the winner was Wednesday night at Fresco. First of all the restaurant is on the roof top of The Madison Museum of Contemporary Art. Its a small restaurant basically made of glass so you can see out to all the surrounding buildings. In the summer it is amazing because they have a roof top sculpture garden and you can sit out there and enjoy the night. This past summer my sister got married in this garden so I really like this place. In January its a little to chilly to be outside but still a great view. Everything about this place feels romantic.

Anyways Jeremy and I had a date night and went here for dinner. We both got Scallops as an appetizer. I was going to try the butternut squash bisque but when Jeremy implied that he wasn't going to give me a bit of his scallop I figured I better get my own. Main course RICOTTA CHEESE GNOCCHI. Yum Yum Yum! Then Dessert Cinnamon Creme Brulee. My favorite is that little crunchy part on the top. A very enjoyable night.

Sorry I didn't take any pictures of the food. I think Jeremy finds it a little strange when I take pictures of food. You'd think he'd be use to the strange things I do by now. So no pictures of the food. but I will leave you with a few pics of this wonderful building which I am sure I will have to mention again in other posts. It has so many beautiful things about it I am sure I won't be able to mention it just once.




Did I say leave you? I forgot something important I wanted to mention the other event that kept me busy this week. Last night was the Kick Off party for Team in Training. That's right I am training to run my first half marathon. Yes me! Have I ever done this before? No! Am I a little terrified? YES! but along with training to run a marathon I am going to be raising money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. That is the part that really has me going. I will be training to help people who are much more terrified then me trying to run a few miles. They are terrified for their lives. So in the next few months along with decorating and design I am sure you will be hearing lots about my sore legs and how beautiful my feet are looking. Plus Hopefully lots about all the money I am raising for this cause. Make sure to check back and see how my training and Fundraising are going.

If you would like to make a donation and help me with this cause please click on the TnT button on the right side of my blog and stop by my fundraising page. Every dollar WILL help.

No comments:

Post a Comment